After you have created your Loop Smart Meter account, you can connect your smart meter by providing your address, a payment card registered to the same address (you won’t be charged), and confirming your electricity meter number. Let’s Get Started:
Step 1: Address details
- Enter your postcode
- Select your address from the drop down list
- Next, so we know how much data to request, please tell us when you moved in:
Step 2: Confirm your electricity meter number
- Loop will display your MPAN number (your unique electricity supply number) based on the address provided
- Check and confirm that the address and MPAN are correct, or modify one or both
- If your smart meter isn’t compatible with Loop you can find out why
Step 3:Terms and Conditions
- Review and confirm you accept the Terms and Conditions
Step 4: Confirm your right to access
- Provide your card details to confirm your identity in order to link Loop to your smart meter.
That's all we use your card for. We do not take any payment. It is important for us to be clear about that. If you do not have a bank card registered at this address, don't worry, there is another way for us to get you linked up using your smart meter's in-home display. Just set up your account with your email address, add a card registered at another address and we'll guide you through.
- If the card/address lookup is unsuccessful you can either try a different card or if you don’t have one, Continue with In-Home Display
- If you choose In-Home Display, your right to access your smart meter’s data will be authenticated via our partners N3rgy Data Ltd. You will need to provide a code from your smart meter’s In-Home Display. For further information please see this video tutorial which should start from 01:14.